Join the gang!

Monday

Spray, spray, thou garden hose

Spray, spray,
thou impish garden hose
and drench the windshield
of my new red Ferrari.

Thy foam doth cool
the heated engine
Thou art not such a wet rag
as man melancholy.

Thy power is not so keen
at will thou becometh unseen.
Speed is relative; steady state illusory.
So lets go,
let's roar to the uptown Mally
This life,
this life is one big superstore trolley.
              ~ ~

(A take-off on 'Blow, blow thou winter wind' by Shakespeare)

A Magpie Tales prompt

13 comments:

  1. Singing right along...very nice, I like the movement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed that. Shakespeare is always adaptable to the modern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:29 AM

    I love what you did with this, very clever! I really dig the last line!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Shakespeare is smiling. (I am!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:22 PM

    Fun and well-written spoof on Wm!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is pure delight!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun, excellent; thanks for the much-needed humor. =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, thanx folks!

    Shakespeare is always around us.. in a line here.. a verse there..

    Tess, I was really keen to do an out-of-the-box take on this photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love this! Still have a great big smile on my face! Brilliant!

    Anna :o]

    ReplyDelete
  10. A great take off, too!
    It would be so unkind
    To show ingratitude . . .

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks, Anna, Trellissimo..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Inventive and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous8:08 AM

    LOL, very good! Thanks for leaving me the link. I started one of a parody of 'To be or not...', I must find it again!

    ReplyDelete